For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Ben Westerham, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
What We Collect
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
What We Do With This Information
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
1. Service Delivery. To operate and maintain our services; to create your account, identify you as a user, and customize our sites for your account; to send you administrative communications, which may include administrative emails, confirmations, technical notices, updates, and security alerts; to respond to your comments and questions and provide you with user support; and to process payments you make via our sites.
2. Research & Development. To improve our services.
3. Marketing. To track and measure our advertising, and to send you promotional communications. Depending on your settings, these promotional communications may include deals or new releases emails, alerts related to authors you follow, social notifications, surveys, or other newsletters. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.”
4. Compliance & Operations. To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
How We Share This Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
1. Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
2. Our Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure, email delivery, and other similar services. We require that our third-party service providers use your personal information only to provide the services we’ve requested.
4. Corporate Restructurings. We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
We use several types of cookies on our site:
1. Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our sites. For example, when you sign in to our sites, we may send cookies to your device so that we can identify you as a user.
2. Functionality Cookies. These cookies are used to remember choices you make when you use our sites, such as your country. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience.
3. Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our sites and how users use the sites. The information is aggregated and anonymous and does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our sites, the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate, maintain, and improve our sites.
4. Social Media Cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on our sites or engage with our content on or through a social network such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this).
Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
We use Google Analytics, a service which collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. To learn more about the information collected by Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.